Westmark Credit Union has a history here in Idaho.
Westmark Credit Union was founded in 1954 as Atomic Workers Credit Union by eleven Idaho National Engineering Laboratory employees, with a single location in Idaho Falls. Initially, most of the credit union's business was conducted in the basement or house of different Board Members or members.
Our first office was opened in Idaho Falls in 1964. The Blackfoot Office was established in 1975. In 1976, the First Street Office was built and the first Pocatello location was established in 1977. A merger with Amidaway Credit Union facilitated the opening of our Westside Idaho Falls Branch in 1982, followed by another merger with Motran Credit Union shortly thereafter.
The credit union obtained a Federal Charter in 1984 and became Atomic Workers Federal Credit Union. As the membership became more diversified, the name was changed to Westmark Federal Credit Union in 1987. In 1989, the members of Alliance Federal Credit Union and KID Credit Union also merged with Westmark to make Westmark the largest credit union in Idaho with over 29,000 members and seven conveniently located branches in Southeastern Idaho. In 1998, Westmark applied for and obtained a State Charter and became Westmark Credit Union. The credit union opened its first branch in Southwestern Idaho in 2004 in Eagle, followed by a second branch in Meridian in 2006 and a third branch in Nampa in 2008. Westmark currently provides service to over 48,000 members.