Mobile Banking Security
Peace of Mind for Your Hard-Earned Money
With Westmark Credit Union's Mobile App, you can rest assured your money is safe, day or night.
Mobile Banking* is a secure way to access your account anywhere you are. It uses the most secure form of authentication and encryption, just like if you were on our Online Banking site on your home PC or Laptop.
Your identity is verified through multiple factors, account numbers are masked and mobile app sessions are automatically timed-out after ten minutes of inactivity.
Visit our Mobile Banking FAQ page to learn more.
Want to learn more about protecting yourself from Identity Theft or Fraud? See our Education Center and our Fraud Protection Center to learn valuable information on how to protect you and your account.
Mobile Security Tips
Tip 1: Use common "Web" sense
Follow the same best practices you do when browsing the Internet or accessing email from your PC. For example:
- Don't click on links sent via text or email from people you don't know.
- Be careful about downloading applications and/or opening files from sites you are not familiar with.
Tip 2: Make your mobile device more secure
- Review your device's user manual to gain a better understanding of what security options are available.
- Consider additional security software and antivirus solutions.
- Disabling your Bluetooth connection when it's not in use can prevent attackers from taking advantage of that connection to download malicious code to your device.
Tip 3: Lock your phone
Use the keypad lock or phone lock function on your mobile device when it is not in use. These functions password-protect your device to make it more difficult for someone else to view your information. Also be sure to store your device in a secure location.
Tip 4: Only keep what you need
Regularly delete old text messages, clear your browser history and delete files from your device. Also, make sure you remove all sensitive information prior to recycling, selling, or giving away your device.
Tip 5: Make sure you know your device
Keep a record of your device's make, model and serial number. This information could prove valuable if your device is lost or stolen.
Tip 6: What if my device gets stolen?
- Quickly notify your service provider so your device can be disabled, reducing the risk of your information being accessed.
- Remove your mobile banking number from your mobile banking profile within Online Banking or call our Online Mobile Banking Support at (208)522-7009 or 1-866-522-3335.
- By quickly getting ahold of our Online Banking Support, we are able to deactivate your Mobile Banking so nobody can attempt to logon using your device.
Tip 7: Download only from reputable sources
Download mobile apps only from reputable sources to ensure the safety of your personal and account information. We encourage users to download the most recent version of our Mobile App and keep it updated.
Tip 8: Sign-off when you are done
For your security, sign off when you finish using our Mobile App, rather than just closing it.
* Messaging and Data Rates May Apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details.